In case you missed it, D-League Digest’s newest contributor, Gino Pilato, wrote his debut post yesterday about the Austin Toros. For all of the latest from around the NBA Development League, check out this week’s edition of D-Links:
- In an in depth look at the league, Mark Emmert of the Des Moines Register writes that the D-League has come a long way in 11 years.
- Writing over at NBC’s ProBasketballTalk blog, Scott Schroeder recaps New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin’s recent triple-double while on assignment for the Erie BayHawks.
- Check out Ryan Ripley’s post on Ridiculous Upside breaking down the Springfield Armor’s buzzer-beating alley-oop dunk by L.D. Williams.
- Over at Wizards Watch, Joey Whelan spoke recently with Dakota Wizards head coach Nate Bjorkgren.
- Walker Russell was called up by the Detroit Pistons this past week.
- Not every comeback has a happy ending: Ricky Davis was released by the Maine Red Claws (via Jessica Camerato, NECN.com) and Greg Ostertag re-retired (via Marc Stein of ESPN).
Steve Warden of The Journal Gazette explains that Christian Laettner’s reasons for joining the Fort Wayne Mad Ants’ coaching staff were simple: he missed the game of basketball.
- GoErie.com’s Duane Rankin writes about how Erie BayHawks coach Jay Larranaga deals with the difficult task of divvying up playing time in the D-League.