D-Links: Monday Morning Digestibles
By Matt Hubert
Updated: January 10, 2011
From the first call-up of the 2010-11 season to the 2011 NBA Development League Showcase, there is a lot to read up on around the D-League. Get up to speed with the latest edition of D-Links:
- Zabian Dowdell of the Tulsa 66ers beat out three other D-League prospects to earn a call-up to the Phoenix Suns, the first call-up of the 2010-11 D-League season
- Matthew Brennan has five reasons why you should watch the NBA D-League Showcase. I also provided a breakdown of some of the must-see games at the Showcase.
- Kevin Henry wrote about Jerome Dyson providing a spark for Tulsa 66ers off the bench.
- Former NBA lottery selection Patrick O’Bryant is headed to the D-League. According to Scott Schroeder of AOL Fanhouse, O’Bryant won’t know where he’ll be playing until tomorrow.
- Hookem Reno Bighorns weighed in on the Bighorns’ recent addition of Salim Stoudamire.
- Does LeBron James care about the D-League? Kind of, maybe, depending on how serious you take this story about the decision by the Heat to assign his teammate, Dexter Pittman, back to the Sioux Falls Skyforce.
- Check out the latest from Joey Whelan at Wizards Watch, including a breakdown of the recent assignment of Hamady N’Diaye from the Washington Wizards.
- For video highlights, visit the D-League’s YouTube page. Or, rewatch games in their entirety with the Futurecast Archives.